March has been a significant month for FractalScan Surface, seeing the launch of our public API, amongst many other great new features. Read on to find out more.
FractalScan Surface now has a public API available allowing you to programmatically access your scan data. Using your existing FractalScan Surface login, you can easily generate an API key to start accessing your data.
Data available via version 1 of the API includes:
- Information about your organisation
- Information about your scan groups
- Summary data for all of your scans
- Lists of actions for each of your scans
Our interactive API documentation browser is shown below, and allows easy testing of the FractalScan Surface public API which conforms to the OpenAPI Specification.
This is version 1 of FractalScan Surface’s API. Over time you can expect new endpoints to access more of a scan’s data, and the ability to control scans from the API. Please contact us if there’s anything you would like to see included in the future.
API read access is available to customers on our Premium plan or higher.
CISA known exploited vulnerabilities (KEV)
The Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) publish details of the Common Vulnerabilities & Exposures (CVEs) known to have been exploited in the wild by an attacker. FractalScan Surface is using this data to highlight any risks you have in your infrastructure that are known to have been exploited at some point.
This isn’t saying you yourselves have been exploited necessarily, but is highlighting that attackers have been known to exploit this vulnerability in the past to gain access to a company’s network. This can help you to prioritise your risk remediation activities.
Whether you’ve been running scans for 2 weeks or 2 years, we keep a full history of the scan, allowing you to keep an eye on your Risks & Health Score trends. To make it easier for you to view your full history, we now consolidate some of your older scan iterations.
We’re always working on new features and improvements to FractalScan Surface, here’s an insight into what you will see coming soon.
- Alert notifications of significant changes found in scans - e.g. newly discovered risks found in a daily scan
- The ability to invite new users to your organisation.
- Better visibility of all the checks FractalScan Surface is running for your scans.
- The ability to remove a seed domain or IP from your scan while retaining the history of the scan.